Rustington, West Sussex
Salary: £16,000.00 to £18,000.00 /year
Position: Sub Editor
Reporting to: Deputy Editor
Location: Rustington, West Sussex
Salary: £16K – £18k per annum, depending on experience
Average Working hours: 35 (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
Due to further expansion of our successful, vibrant brands Pro Landscaper Magazine (www.prolandscapermagazine.com)/FutureScape Event (www.futurescapeevent.com), that provide business information to the industry, we are now looking to appoint a Sub Editor to assist with ensuring accuracy, attention to detail, and compliance with our house-style of writing for our digital and print brands.
We are a market leader and have high-standards of presentation in everything we do. Our teams are committed to delivering highly valuable, inspiring and actionable content via printed magazine, websites, social media, events, exhibitions, or apps. Our total focus is on B2B communications and working closely with our clients to deliver quality and sustainable results.
Your role involves overseeing the content and quality of Eljays44 publications and digital materials, ensuring the content is accurate, with no grammatical mistakes and adheres to Eljays44’s style of published work.
- To edit copy, written by feature writers or submitted by external contacts, to proofread and remove spelling/grammatical errors
- To proofread digital content and check/improve SEO rating
- To rewrite content so that it flows or reads better and complies with the in-house style of writing
- To verify facts and stories to ensure they are accurate; including numerical/statistical data
- To ensure that stories are the right length and correctly placed on pages
- To help generate ideas for features/titles etc.
- To work with, and cover for, other Sub-Editor responsibilities in times of absence or high demand
- To ensure all deadlines are met and progress reports are provided in a timely manner, when requested
- Meticulous attention to detail – essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – essential
- Excellent standard of grammar and spelling – essential
- Able to self-manage and proactively take on new tasks when required – essential
- A positive attitude and determination to succeed – essential
- Knowledge of online content and SEO – desirable
- Experience of using InDesign – desirable
- Knowledge of the horticultural industry – highly desirable
The primary location of this role is office-based however, you may need to travel to various locations to attend events, as per business requirements.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary with development opportunities
- Clean and modern working environment based in the centre of Rustington, with local shops, parking facilities and gyms.
- One-hour lunch break (Monday to Thursday), early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown (3 days retained from annual leave)
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company away days and incentives
If you have the ability to work hard and want to lead a team within a prestigious and innovative organisation then we would love to hear from you. Our brands are fast moving, highly ambitious products and we are looking for like minded people to assist in the successful growth of our company.
Eljays44’s policies ensure equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.